Dutch inspection authority intensifies fall hazard inspections
The Hague, the Netherlands – Every year, five people on average are killed on construction sites and dozens of others sustain lasting injuries as a result of a fall down a ladder or scaffold. Over the next weeks, the inspection body SZW is going to raise awareness for this issue by checking smaller construction sites on safe use of ladders and scaffolds. The inspection authority, formerly called the Arbeidsinspectie, has announced this on Monday.
The construction branch has been the sector with the most occurring accidents for years and one of the most frequent causes is a fall. The inspection institute SZW has analysed the accidents over the last 11 years. During this time, there were 2822 casualties of a severe accident, which were all caused by a fall down a scaffold or ladder. Of those casualties, 58 people were killed and 346 sustained permanent injuries as a result of the accident.
The top 3 construction jobs with the most risk of falling are: carpenter, painter and mechanic. The main cause for the accidents is the fact that many ladders and scaffolds are not properly stabilised. Another reason is that people need both hands for completing the task or lifting equipment, and therefore cannot properly hold themselves.
During the next three weeks, inspectors will predominantly visit smaller construction sites in city centres. This will concern both the construction of new buildings as well as maintenance and renovation works. The inspectors will also check individual projects where contractors, painters and electricians are working.
- 09 نوف, 2012 13:23 - Update QP District
- 06 نوف, 2012 14:52 - Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards
- 01 نوف, 2012 14:03 - World’s tallest hotel to open end 2012
- 19 سبت, 2012 16:18 - First tower ADFC open for use
- 10 سبت, 2012 11:40 - OSHA extends temporary fall protection directive
- 09 أغس, 2012 11:27 - Rosewood Hotel almost completed
- 01 أغس, 2012 16:13 - QP District is taking shape
- 21 ماي, 2012 09:30 - New XSSlider and XSAdapter set
- 16 ماي, 2012 15:51 - LinkedPro by XSPlatforms
- 10 ماي, 2012 14:01 - OSHA launches fall prevention campaign
- 24 أبر, 2012 16:51 - XSPlatforms Partner Event 2012
- 18 أبر, 2012 10:48 - Dutch inspection authority intensifies fall hazard inspections
- 06 أبر, 2012 14:38 - Telescopic façade access equipment for BARWA project (Doha, Qatar)
- 23 مار, 2012 16:04 - Issues with Fall Protection System
- 20 مار, 2012 15:41 - One more week before XSPlatforms Partner Event 2012
- 15 مار, 2012 11:47 - A global solution for gas stations
- 14 مار, 2012 15:08 - Dealer meeting Sicurpal
- 14 مار, 2012 14:10 - XSPlatforms’ Partner Event 2012
- 06 مار, 2012 11:51 - Roofing Workshops De 5e Gevel